National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. The activity forum for NSS includes areas like, National Integration Camp, Blood Donation, Plantation, Immunization, Shramdaan, Disaster Management, and Adventure Programs.
What students should do to participate in NSS?
- • Students should remain as a NSS member for minimum 2 years.
- • Every year they should at least work for 120 hour.
- • It’s mandatory for the students to attend a 7-days camp.
- • After working for 2 years (240 hour), students receives a certificate from the Shivaji University.
- • In the final year of the degree, students receives 10 marks for their efforts.
- • In case of failure in the examination of the students, there is an increment by 10 marks.